Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 4, 2004, 2:18 PM   #41

One from my sad duty of shooting staff photos for the company intranet:

#nnn. Everyone thinks the photo is an excellent likeness - except the person in the photograph.
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2004, 4:03 PM   #42

lol fenlander.....exactly exactly right!
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2004, 5:37 PM   #43

Quote:
#nnn. Everyone thinks the photo is an excellent likeness - except the person in the photograph.
Ugh, if in real life I look like what I tend to look like in most pictures of me, I'd hate to look at myself! I'm horribly unphotogenic. Occasionally I'll get a picture that's not that bad. But most of the time I'm ready to tear it up...well, perhaps I AM a bit too critical of myself. My boyfriend loves taking pictures of me, and usually thinks they are far better than I do.

That's probably most people's problem -- they tend to be too critical of themselves. Many people compare themselves to some idealized image they have in their head. And they focus too readily on the most negative aspects of themselves, failing to see the complete picture. But, when we look at others we usually don't care so much, and are able to see the person more on the whole, and not focus so much on how their nose is just slightly crooked, or how one eye is just a tad lower than the other.

Though, being uncritical of others isn't something everyone does. I have a knack for landing my eyes on the one thing that looks off in a picture of another person. Everyone else will say "Oh that's a good picture of you" and I'll notice how the persons nose looks a little too long in that shot, or how their face looks a little fatter than it actually is.

Actually, on second thought, I think this all comes down to the fact that I'm way too much of a perfectionist.
Dani24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2004, 6:35 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenlander
That's why I'm the one behind the camera!
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote