Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 31, 2004, 5:22 PM   #1

Default fisheye lens for dv camcorder

I am looking for a fisheye lens for a panasonic pv-dv52 camcorder. It is 43mm. I would like a lens that is 0.3x or less? Any suggestions?
waltleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2004, 6:03 PM   #2

Default Re: fisheye lens for dv camcorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltleeb
I am looking for a fisheye lens for a panasonic pv-dv52 camcorder. It is 43mm. I would like a lens that is 0.3x or less? Any suggestions?
Phoenix has a 0.25X semi-fisheye. It comes with various rings; but, I don't remember if 43mm thread ring is one of them. So, you might want to add a 43-whatever step-up ring. A semi-fisheye is a ultra wide angle lens that is not correct for barrel distortion, and, as a result, it would not provide you with a 180 degree angle of view. Nikon has a very good fisheye FC-E9 that has a 46mm thread (see my Coolpix 5700 user guide). This is a 180-degree fisheye. However, even with a fisheye converter, it does not mean you can use them on your camcorder successfully. So, try before you buy. Century Optics also have fisheye lenses for video cameras; but, the price will scare you away before you have an incentive to try one of them.

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700 User Guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote