Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:25 PM   #11

Newsyl, simply WOW. Im indeed in North America, Tennessee to be exact. It wil take me sometime to digest the immense amount of information you provide. I've got a friend that owns a tech co and is a reseller of Dell products. I was already leaning towards one of their ultra sharp monitors.
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outhouse View Post
Newsyl, simply WOW. Im indeed in North America, Tennessee to be exact. It wil take me sometime to digest the immense amount of information you provide. I've got a friend that owns a tech co and is a reseller of Dell products. I was already leaning towards one of their ultra sharp monitors.
Simplified research, short answer...
You want an IPS monitor...period.
Whle I use mine as a PC monitor replacement, can just as easily plug into the monitor out on on the laptop. I know what you mean about the reflective screen on a laptop makes post editing impossible. May need to use a DPI to VGA adapter though...and I initially hooked mine up VGA until I bought a DPI cord.

Among the IPS monitors, All of Apples are IPS, but unfortunately,they are also glossy reflective. People I know doing post editing on a Mac don't complain about it though.

While I wanted a 23/24" size, first choice was the Dell Ultrasharp series. Other possible in the same price area were models by Viewsonic, NEC and LG. Kept waiting for Dell to run their special on the 23, but never happened and Best Buy ran a sale on the LG @ $199. SOLD!

tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 2:15 PM   #13

The advantage of a bigger screen is that you can be farther away from it, you don't have to focus as closely, and your eyes won't get strained so quickly.

Ideally, your screen should be at least an arm's length away from you. You can't do that with a laptop or tablet.

Last edited by TCav; Aug 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:05 PM   #14

Default Dual monitors.

As well as a laptop I have a desktop that I have cobbled together. I have a Ndivia graphics card which drives two monitors. The point of this is that I have two LG monitors (bottom end) one a 4:3 the other 16:10. Depending on the photo I'm processing I use one or the other.
Not an answer to the original question but a solution to bear in mind.

Fujifilm HS20-EXR & Pentax K20D
18-55 mm DA & 28-200 Sigma 3.5/5.6 ex SLR

My Flickr account
Mito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:19 PM   #15

I ordered an LG ips235v from B&H Photo today. I checked the price Saturday andon Sunday, they dropped the prceby $40
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote