Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:27 AM   #1

Default Multiple Exposure

Do any digital cameras have the built-in ability to do multiple exposures? That is two or more exposures on the same frame.

My Nikon F100 (35mm) has this ability although I haven't used it much. However, I've never seen a digital with this feature. My Nikon D100 and Minolta S414 don't have it. You can accomplish the same result by taking separate shots and pasting them together in Photoshop or PSP, but doing it in the camera could save a lot of computer work.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:38 AM   #2

Sort of neat idea, but no I haven't seen any digital camera that can do that, (yet).

I think it might save some computer time but it could also potentially ruin a good shot overlaid with a bad second exposure.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:41 AM   #3

I don't know any of the digitals that can do this. The only way I can do it with mine is in the dark with the camera on an extremely slow shutter speed, then flashing light on various parts of the scene or on a person moving through the scene. Technically interesting, but definitely requiring a huge amount of fussing.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:42 AM   #4

Don't think you can do it directly, but you can get the same effect by putting two exposures on each of two Photoshop layers and adjusting opacity.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:45 AM   #5

I have not seen a digital that could do that, but as wildman has stated you can do it in photoshop with layers.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:58 AM   #6

Yes, several Fuji models can do this (S602Z/F7000 etc.) but with PhotoShop you can combine multiple images any time.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote