Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 6, 2012, 8:18 PM   #1

Default First a delayed thank you to Simon40 and then a question

Thanks Simon40 for answering my question on June 2nd about which Olympus camera to buy. I had planned to buy a refurbished XZ-1 from Olympus but the last one was sold and they never got another one in and I didn't want to pony up for a new one. After researching and reading other questions and answers in the what camera should I buy forum and seeing that Simon40 and others recommended the Panasonic ZS-15 and seeing that it would actually fit my needs better, I bought a new one and have been extremely happy with it. It has more than met my expectations. There is only one shortcoming I have on my other camera that the Panasonic doesn't have and that is a Scene Mode for Backlight. is there settings I could possibly set in a custom mode or could somebody give me some guidelines on how to deal with a backlit scene. Thanks in advance.

Bob
bob1841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2012, 5:17 AM   #2

Hi Bob... try turning the mode dial to "SCN" and select HDR mode... designed to cope with a wide dynamic range(high contrast)- it shoots off 3 quick shots and combines them into 1 image,seemingly with improved highlight/shadow detail...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:08 AM   #3

Thanks, Simon. I really appreciate it.
bob1841 is offline   Reply With Quote