Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:55 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
Thanks everyone.

I will do my best to follow the excellent example of the other moderators who do so much to make Steves the kindest, friendliest and most decent camera forums around.

I have been very busy today otherwise I would have replied earlier. My wife left on a 5-day trip today, so I've taken off a few days to look after the kids. My 4-year-old daughter just started school this week and asked me just before my wife left for the airport - very concerned: "Daddy do you know how to work the house?" I must admit I've been wondering about that myself.

Not to be deterred, I am taking the kids and the dogs down to Poole at the weekend where I will be undertaking my first 3km sea swimming race. Friends will be looking after them on the beach while I swim. What could possibly go wrong?

P.S. Yes I know my website is offline at the moment, I'm in the process of transferring it to a new host. The content is transferred, but I have to get the DNS sorted. Real soon now I hope.
LOL, not busy at all then.

Hope you have a great time with the kids while your wife is away, and enjoy the swim!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
"Daddy do you know how to work the house?"
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:48 AM   #13

Congrats.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 3:42 PM   #14

"Super Moderator"? I take a few months off and everyone gets delusions of grandeur! I'd say 'average moderator', or "good moderator" at best. By the way, how is my application coming for "emperor moderator"?

All kidding aside, congrats Craig! Your wealth of knowledge has helped me immensely over the years.
iowa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:43 PM   #15

Well done on your "Super" status...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:44 PM   #16
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa_jim View Post
"Super Moderator"? I take a few months off and everyone gets delusions of grandeur! I'd say 'average moderator', or "good moderator" at best. By the way, how is my application coming for "emperor moderator"?
LOL

"Super Moderator" is just the way that vBulletin defaults the Title of anyone added to the Permissions Group that's setup for Moderators with Global Permissions (where members of that group have permissions to make changes in all forums here, including the ability to edit/move/delete posts, suspend/ban members, etc.).

So, I just left it the way our vBulletin forums software defaulted it for that Moderator Group.

Mark and Craig:

If you guys would prefer a different Title, I can change it at the Group Level (and it would need to be the same for both of you, as the Group Title overrides the individual Title setting in Profiles). But, I've just left it the way vBulletin defaulted it. Having "Super" in your title isn't that bad, is it? :-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:17 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Nothing wrong with being a Super Moderator Also, please don't change it as I've got my 'Super Moderator' outfit which I wear every time I ban someon, so don't want that to go to waste

Kidding aside, I'm not worried what we are called so probably best to leave it as is unless something comes up that makes a change essential.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:23 PM   #18
Administrator

That's fine with me, as you guys do a "Super" job. :-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:16 PM   #19

My congrats!
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:34 PM   #20

At the risk of being redundant, I say dittos to what everybody else has said!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote