Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 17, 2002, 12:05 PM   #1

Default not happy with fuji f601

Hi there, just purchased a fuji f601, and the quality of the initial images are very poor, as soon a i view the image on the screen the poor quality is visible,(I tried different imaging software), I am taking the pictures using the auto settings(half click to focus) indoor and outdoor images are very soft, seem slightly out of focus,with pixels visible even on 6 mp setting. I tried printing an image hoping that it just looked crap on my monitor using epson photo 895 but alas, the photo looked as if sugar had been sprinkled around the edge of the images. I have managed one reasonable print going directly from the card reader pcmcia port in the printer but that has gone now and I cannot seem to take another one in focus. I am relativly new to digital photograpy only owning a 5 year old agfa e photo 780 previously, which I can say took better photo`s than the fuji,Maybe I am doing something drastically wrong, could anyone point me in the right direction before the camera goes out of the window, thanks all any info or advice is greatly appreciated
nevebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2002, 12:10 PM   #2

Default This is not normal....

Something doesn't sound right. I suspect perhaps the settings need attention. If you could post one of the images just as it comes from the camera with all EXIF header information attached, (don't resize it) then we might be able to see what the problem is.

The camera "should" take excellent images. It's possible you have a defective camera, or there is something wrong in the setup.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2002, 12:28 PM   #3

hi there, thaks for reply, I have attatched an image to this post. I have just taken using auto, on factory settings apart from upping to 3mp, hope it works and thanks again. neve
Old Aug 17, 2002, 12:36 PM   #4

Let me thow something easy, have you inspected lens for dust, damage... also Lin is there anything else that may have dust that would effect his cam... any kind of formatting for none fuji card ???
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2002, 12:53 PM   #5

hi, I checked the lens it looks fine, the camera is only one week old, so its clean and should be in good order, when I first used the camera I tested it on macro setting using auto focus and the image was crystal clear. quite impressed but I cant get any satisfactory landscape or portrait images. thanks neve.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 12:56 PM   #6

grabbing straws, could it be hung up in macro, maybe remove batteries for a few seconds...
Gary

thats all I can think, Lin could possibley figure out with pic, he is very sharp.
Gary

[Edited on 8-17-2002 by Gary Senkus]
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2002, 1:24 PM   #7

yeah think im gonna change to minolta f100. I will keep you posted thanks all, neve