Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:50 AM   #21

Oh No, you are in cubiclevill.
Watch out for the pointy haired ones .
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:54 AM   #22

Here is a definition of PHP

Web Definition: PHP - Self-referentially short for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, an open source, server-side, HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages. In an HTML document, PHP script (similar syntax to that of Perl or C ) is enclosed within special PHP tags. Because PHP is embedded within tags, the author can jump between HTML and PHP (similar to ASP and Cold Fusion) instead of having to rely on heavy amounts of code to output HTML. And, because PHP is executed on the server, the client cannot view the PHP code. PHP can perform any task that any CGI program can do, but its strength lies in its compatibility with many types of databases. Also, PHP can talk across networks using IMAP, SNMP, NNTP, POP3, or HTTP. PHP was created sometime in 1994 by Rasmus Lerdorf. During mid 1997, PHP development entered the hands of other contributors. Two of them, Zeev Suraski and Andi Gutmans, rewrote the parser from scratch to create PHP version 3 (PHP3).

It is a more efficient programming method for web pages.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:07 AM   #23

Right then, we'll shut down the forums briefly and bring up the latest patch for the actual bulletin board software, since it seems to relate specifically to the Sessions Table interacting with the mysql database....

PHP is running just fine so my guess is that the forum software has glitched out from the 90 thousand posts, or the software is being remotely exploited by someone maliciously, or the sessions table has simply become corrupted. I'd put my money on the last one

Sorry to inconvenience you good people with this, we'll get it figured out.
SG Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:11 AM   #24

gibsonpd3620:
Yes, when it works.

When it runs into troubles it gives nice cryptic error pages to the client.
Which in most cases causes unsuspecting clients(me) to run around in circles yelling the "sky is falling", because I can't connect to Steve's site instead of working. Leaving me nothing much else to do but actually work, which goes against my personal code of ethics.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 12:06 PM   #25

Peter

I think you hit the nail on the head, we are Steve Digican addicts.

Phil
Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpd3620
Peter

I think you hit the nail on the head, we are Steve Digican addicts.

Phil
Phil, at just under 3000 posts, I think the "WE" should bow to your addiction :lol: :lol:
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 2:27 PM   #27

ohenry

I agree.

Phil
Old Feb 14, 2004, 9:31 PM   #28

I'm getting what looks like a new problem to me.
I find I am being logged out extremly quickly lately.

Not enought time to read a longer post, or make a reply without being asked to re-login. Would only be slightly annoying if it diden't loose your place in unread posts

Maybe the site just dosen't like me :lol:.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 10:18 PM   #29

I wonder if it could be from people logging in but not logging out and just closing the window. I sure there is some time out response but if we all practice good computer etiquette and hit the LOG OUT before closing the window it might help.

When I received the same error message trying to access the forum from the home page, I just went into my history and chose a link/page already in the forum and it worked every time.
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2004, 10:21 PM   #30

Hey ohenry did you notice the reflection in Phil's glasses, he must have used his web cam to take his avatar picture because I swear I can see Steve's Digicam Homepage in the reflection :lol: :lol: :lol:
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote