Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:21 PM   #1

Default Interval Timers

I know there are a lot of interval timers out there, but I am looking for something a little different and I'm not sure if it exists. All of the interval timing mechanisms that I have seen will take a certain number of pictures in a row on a fixed interval (e.g. 3 pictures in a row every two minutes for an hour). I am trying to find something that will take photos on a less standard interval. For example, taking one photo every minute for (only) one hour each day. (I don't want to set up my camera to take a photo every minute of the day and delete the extras because it will fill memory cards too fast. And I don't want to set it up every day because I am not always around.) Has anyone seen an interval timer that will give this capability?
matty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:40 PM   #2

If there is one that will do that, I am not aware of it. (which doesn't mean much - I'm hardly aware of what month it is)
There may be a way to do what you want anyway. If your camera can be powered by an external power supply, you could leave the camera on and set up, and plug the AC adapter into a timer such as is used for Christmas lights. Leave your intervalometer set to run continuously, and just power the camera on for the time you need.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:33 PM   #3

Hmmm... interesting solution. If I can't find something on the market, I may have to rig something like you suggested. Thanks for the response.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:20 PM   #4

While browsing around, I did find something that looks as if it would do what you want, but not having used it, I can't say for sure. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._T_Pro_II.html
It appears as if you could set up one timer for daily interval, and set the second timer to run within the first. Clever.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:11 AM   #5

That is exactly what I am looking for! Thanks!

From the manufacturer's site, it appears that they make it for Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, and Panasonic. (I'm a Nikon girl myself.)

I'm going to order one right away -- will let you know how it works.