Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:58 PM   #11

I just wanted too say that I have throughly enjoyed your topic and reading the responses. I particularly loved VTPhotog's response about his wife. That cracked me up!

As a fellow Canadian (but from Ontario) I cannot wait for a trip out West too see some of the beauty you have on a regular basis.

No matter where I go, my camera comes with me. I may not always have the perfect lens for something I come across, but when I can take a photo of something that strikes a cord with me, I try to do my best with what I have. Some times, just getting out on a peaceful day and taking in the beauty surrounding us is so good for the soul and probably why I do it often.

Thanks for the post. As I've said, I've enjoyed everyones responses with a chuckle here and there.

Canon 5D III
50mm 1.2 L l 24-70 F2.8 L l 70-200 F4 L l 40mm 2.8 l 100mmL 2.8 macro

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alainn...39490172728282
http://alainnbellephotography.smugmug.com/
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug74 View Post
I just wanted too say that I have throughly enjoyed your topic and reading the responses. I particularly loved VTPhotog's response about his wife. That cracked me up!
Thanks Shutterbug...as a married guy I also got a kick out of VT's response.
As a fellow Canadian (but from Ontario) I cannot wait for a trip out West too see some of the beauty you have on a regular basis. I'm a bit of an unabashed promoter of the West. I've lived in two provinces....Manitoba and Alberta and even though both are termed prairie provinces there is a variety of topography in both provinces...although yes there is a lot of prairie. I think you'll like the West...there's lot's of history, scenic areas and wildlife...but there's never enough time to take it all in.

No matter where I go, my camera comes with me. I may not always have the perfect lens for something I come across, but when I can take a photo of something that strikes a cord with me, I try to do my best with what I have. Some times, just getting out on a peaceful day and taking in the beauty surrounding us is so good for the soul and probably why I do it often.I agree with you. I find there is always something to photograph...no matter where I go...from a prairie crocus...to a Cow Moose ruminating comfortably in the middle of a farmer's canola field. My wife and I, came across this moose in the canola scene...in 2011....just over the Manitoba border in Saskatchewan. I was glad I had my 55-300 mm lens on my Pentax K10D...just wish I would of had a Sigma 150-500 lens to get closer to the action.

Thanks for the post. As I've said, I've enjoyed everyones responses with a chuckle here and there.
Thank you for your response. One of these days I have to get out to parts of Canada I've never been before...in other words everything east....from Thunder Bay, Ontario...I'm almost embarrassed to say.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote