Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:30 PM   #1

Default Rechargeable battery charing in the uk

Hi fellow camera ppl

this is a question to you all who know ya electronics. I aint got a clue about cameras or electronics dont think i know anything but............

If i was to get a camera that has a rechargeable battery that you charge in the unit or external device. My question is this if i bought it in the united states and i live in the UK would i have any issues with charging ?

i would need some sort of converter from your 2 pin to our 3 pin also ours is 250v i think yours is lower any help MUCH appreciated

Adam
garland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2004, 1:29 PM   #2

I think most cameras come with dual voltage chargers that will handle both our 60 cycle and your 50 cycle. All three of mine did. And Iíve never seen any kind of charger with a grounding pin so adapters are easy to find for them.

Most of the British electronics stores carry simple inexpensive adapters for most of the sockets that would adapt either an American or European plug. The British committee-designed behemoth is a little pricier but they are all cheap. I never had problems getting whatever adapters I needed locally when I traveled there. I donít think you will have a problem at all unless you live in a very old house with the original sockets, and Iím sure you have learned to deal with that by now if you do. And if you already have a European to whatever adapter you might find it has a slot for an American plug that extends out from the round holes for the European plug. Many of the ones I ran across would adapt either.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 1:51 PM   #3

thxs for your reply, sorted that question out

TA

Adam
garland is offline   Reply With Quote