Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 13, 2004, 7:15 PM   #1

Default Pics made with cellphone

I cannot believe that the next-generation of cellphones can create pictures that good. These pictures were made with a Samsung SCH-V420 a 1megapixel camera phone. I'm really amazed. The pictures shown blow are shown in different sizes.

I found these pictures on a cellphone forum.
Bloodstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2004, 8:08 PM   #2

1mp?, they look preaty big fo 1mp
or maybe i am just more comfortible (sp?) with 5 mp
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 9:03 PM   #3

Whlie they are by no means a DSLR pictures, they are still pretty amazing to come from a cell phone. It seems like every 5 years or so, technology from 5 years ago is remade into something tiny. Like the Palm computers are about as fast as PCs 5 years ago. Amazing how fast technology is going
blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2004, 6:37 AM   #4

Of course a cellphone can never replace a real digicam. Or maybe a digicam with build-in cellphone lol. But such a phone is great for parties and for those moments when you don't have a digicam with you.

Pics in low-light conditions. They are cropped or resized.

Bloodstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2004, 6:35 PM   #5

They don't get even close to my point-and-shoot digital camera but heck! Mine is 3 MP and has much bigger lense. They pretty amazing anyway considering they come from a cell phone. I guess their problem is their tiny lens.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 4:27 AM   #6

Most images captured at VGA resolution will look OK on average picture monitors, you only need 1 Mpix! But try cropping and printing to 10X8 or even 6X4. Don't these low res. pics cost as much to send over a network as a hard copy print? VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 4:46 AM   #7

Bloodstrike,

I wouldn't sneeze at 1 MP, two years ago 1 MP was the cat's meow for many people. The only drawback I can see would be the lens. Although the small size of the lens shouldn't necessarily be a serious a downer. I once owned a 2 MP HP315 which had a tiny lens and was pooh poohed by a lot of folks. I was able to get some wonderful pictures from it.

Yes, it impressive how far those cell cameras have come.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 7:30 AM   #8

The quality is pretty amazing to me, for how small these cameras are on cell phones. I would love to be able to always have a camera with me for those odd moments where you wish you had a camera. I have even toyed with the idea of buying a cheap digital camera to leave in the glove box of my truck. But so far I have not found one that takes decent images. And I wouldn't use a cell phone enough to justify buying one of the camera ones.
MIDACL is offline   Reply With Quote