Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 16, 2004, 7:51 AM   #11

Quote:
You forgot about a friend of us Northerners, Jack Frost
I was trying to come up with "warm" ideas. However, I also have taken shots of frosted windows and posted one of them here, but I think I dropped it from my site to make room. Doubtless, all that's left is a red 'x'.

Quote:
Both shutter box failures at -30c
Peter, it's time to give up. Point those cameras at the fire in the fireplace or, perhaps, knit little sweaters for them. Red and white wool would be ever so dapper, don't you think?

Quote:
I have a nice male cardnal, that I posted here:
I just checked it out and, yes, it's a nice one--a very nice one. When it comes to rows of shoes and things of that ilk, it requires a "casual" lifestyle, you know. Don't put anything back where it belongs. Claim in a lofty manner that it's for art's sake.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:17 AM   #12

Quote:
When it comes to rows of shoes and things of that ilk, it requires a "casual" lifestyle, you know. Don't put anything back where it belongs. Claim in a lofty manner that it's for art's sake.
Hummm, cleaning was on the agenda today. I think I'll try that line. For some reason, I don't think it will work.

Eric

ps. Not that I'm a particularly neat person, but my image of the shoes was having them lined up in a row along a wall, with the light coming in through a window on the right.... Now that I think about it, it's a child hood memory of Ms. Brown's basement (god rest her soul.)
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:29 AM   #13

Quote:
my image of the shoes was having them lined up in a row along a wall, with the light coming in through a window on the right
Try it both that way and with the shoes positioned as if they'd been placed there quickly... I wonder if shoes can be positioned in such a way as to convey ideas and emotion. For instance, a pair of shoes could appear to be standing still while another pair seems to be walking away.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:38 AM   #14

Ha yes a sweater in canon official colors, well the 650 can burn in the fire 180$ to repair. The A1 is sentimental, first real camera from when dinosaurs roamed, so it got fixed.

Quote:
Peter, it's time to give up. Point those cameras at the fire in the fireplace or, perhaps, knit little sweaters for them. Red and white wool would be ever so dapper, don't you think?
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 5:37 PM   #15

Hmmmm!!!! Pictures of pictures on the monitor.
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 5:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Hmmmm!!!! Pictures of pictures on the monitor.
Uh-oh.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 10:00 AM   #17

I'd take a lot more photos in wintertime but it's just too cold to take off my gloves so much of the time. I did get some shots of interesting architecture and building sculpture the other day but I'm also wary of exposing my F717 to low temperatures.

The amateur/original photo newsgroup sometimes has "challenges" or "themes" where everyone agrees to try to get some shots of, say, a color or a theme and they upload the photos there. It's a pretty good newsgroup.
kettir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2004, 11:22 AM   #18

Quote:
The amateur/original photo newsgroup
What group is this and where is it?

In the meantime, that would be an excellent idea for a new forum here. Perhaps a weekly "assignment." It could get our juices flowing.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 2:38 PM   #19

www.naturephotographers.net

has a weekly challenge, but I doubt that is what he is refering too.

I fully agree with the weekly challenge forum here. It could be fun to stretch our brains in new ways. The only downside is who would run it? Have you noticed how Steve doesn't post here much? I've always assumed its because he is busy with the main web site.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2004, 2:57 PM   #20

There is a main website ?????
(Just kidding )

I'm guessing the reference is to a usnet newsgroup, but I can't find it or at least my ISP doesn't get it.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote