Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:50 AM   #1

Default online camera vendor review

I am planning to buy a Nikon DSLR and went to Google shopping and found this vendor called Luxvisionshop. The cameras listed here are dirt cheap but again the vendor has no reviews for their credit. There is no address mentioned on their website but does have phone number. Anyone these days now can get a local number so I cannot confirm their location.

Has anyone used this vendor before?
kleanchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:54 AM   #2

The domain luxvisionshop.com was first registered just last September. It's WHOIS results only list a Domain Privacy Service on 12808 Gran Bay Pkwy, in Jacksonville, FL. Their website lists no address, even in their return policy, and don't even list the state in which they're incorporated.

I'd steer clear.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:52 AM   #3

www.resellerratings.com is a great place to look for reviews on online vendors. Always best to steer clear of vendors without a lot of feedback there. And, as usual, any place that has consistently lower prices on most camera equipment is probably a bad company. Several manufacturers require legit companies to display only manufacturer approved prices (MAP). It's why so many places have the same prices for these things. Once in a while a place will have a given body or lens on sale vs. competition. But any company that has consistently lower prices across the board is probably not legit.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:20 AM   #4

Thanks for the feed back! It looks too good to be true, especially the vendor was listed on Google shopping. I will explore other vendors online. Thanks again.
kleanchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleanchap View Post
Thanks for the feed back! It looks too good to be true, especially the vendor was listed on Google shopping. I will explore other vendors online. Thanks again.
Yeah I got very nearly burned from a google shopping vendor last year. I bought the camera through google checkout and quickly regretted it as the vendor didn't send anything indicating something had shipped nor did they respond to emails. I was able to get my money refunded via google checkout but it was several weeks later.

Long story short, expensive gear like cameras seems to attract these kind of scammers and there is a new one popping up all the time. If the price is too good to be true, it is exactly that; not true. If you want a deal keep an eye on Adorama or B&H for factory refurbished items, they often sell them through ebay as each has a store on ebay.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:12 PM   #6

Here is the list of authorized Nikon Dealers. http://www.nikonusa.com/en_US/IMG/Im...ed_Dealers.pdf

Surprise, Surprise...luxvisonshop is not on there. More was at stake than the actual purchase. Cameras not imported by and process through NikonUSA to their dealer network would be gray market (or worse - stolen off the truck). In one case, Nikon USA will not provide waranty or ANY repair even if you were willing to pay for it. Plus they have been denying key parts to to third party independent repair shops where they potentially couldn't repair it. Finally, if it was stolen property that the company was fencing, you probably wouldn't be able to keep it...losing the camera and what you paid for it.

Whomever you buy from, check the Nikon site to make sure they are Authorized Dealers.
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote