Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 18, 2004, 11:40 PM   #1

Default Is now a good time to get a f717? Is anything coming up?

Hey everybody, well I've done all my research and am ready to pull the trigger but I don't HAVE to have this camera immediately so I didn't know if anybody could foresee any type of a price drop coming up soon (because of new camera's etc..) I heard something about a PMA conference coming up but I don't know if it's past or not. Also does anyone know what might be coming up as far as camera's that are comparable to this one. I can get the camera for $520 from a reputable dealer, if anyone has seen it for lower let me know. thanks for all the help!

Josh

PS- I know I'll get the people that say just do it or you could wait forever but I'm not going to wait forever I'm just going to check if in the next month something might come out to make this price drop.
joshmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:09 AM   #2

The 828 already came out and is available in retail stores as well as online. The 717 may not be available for too long.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 2:55 AM   #3

Watching the prices on digital cameras it seems there is a bottom price they reach just before or after a newer model comes out and it doesnít drop much below that. It might be worth the wait but I doubt it will drop much more.

The 717 is a very good camera. Great low light capability and super sharp lens.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 3:53 PM   #4

Does the F717 suffer from the same level of CA as the F828?
pdxkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 7:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxkevin
Does the F717 suffer from the same level of CA as the F828?
Ya know, I don't think so. I use it and don't see anything compared to the 828. You might want to check on that. If your in the market for a 5 MP camera, the F717 is a good way to go. Sure it has 5x optical but I figure that is little to sacrifice--at least for me. If your taking shots that are far off, then you might want to look elsewhere. That is the only reservation I have about the F717. But you can buy teleconverters.
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote