Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 6, 2014, 12:53 PM   #1

Default Blinking/flashing tabs in chrome

Hi everyone,

I have a very annoying problem ever since i started using Chrome. When i click on a link to open a new tab the screen flashes white or blinks in an annoying way slightly upsetting my eyes. I have put up with it until now but really I need a solution to fix it. Strangely it only blinks if i left click on the link however opening the link by right clicking (open in a new tab) doesn't cause the flash. Another issue which I think is related is whenever I have several tabs open and leave them idle for a long time and then go to click on them it sometimes takes up to 5-10 seconds for the page to appear again. As if Chrome has forgotten what its tabs looked like and needs time to bring them to life again. How did you fix these problems? I run a clean Windows 7 with latest version of chrome and fast internet. Thanks!
sandia911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:51 PM   #2

I tried using Chrome a while back, and found it to be generally a PITA.
My recommendation: Step1, d/l Firefox. Step2, uninstall Chrome. Step3, live happily ever after.
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:21 PM   #3

The problem with uninstalling Chrome is that it frequently doesn't properly reset everything once it's finished uninstalling itself. What you might be left with is no working browser, even though you've got IE and possibly others installed that were working fine before you uninstalled Chrome. The ideal situation is to never have installed Chrome at all.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:24 PM   #4

A blinking tab generally means that Chrome wants to direct your attention to that tab. Is it possible that Chrome is trying to notify you of a dialog box, or possible that the content of the page has changed?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:46 PM   #5

ironic thing is i left firefox to come to chrome beause it was getting too heavy on my memory with all those extentions and i realized i needed those extentions to make firefox do what i needed and now i use chrome with less extentions and do more than firefox but the blinking thing hurts my eyes.
sandia911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:30 AM   #6
Banned

Oh it is very nice.It is an interesting website.I like your wbsite and also the videos and the images.If you want to improve your site you can add education related topics like USA international affairs essay writing service article or general topics to the forum.
ScarlettZoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:57 AM   #7
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettZoe View Post
Oh it is very nice.It is an interesting website.I like your wbsite and also the videos and the images.If you want to improve your site you can add education related topics like USA international affairs essay writing service article or general topics to the forum.
What great advise.

But, I find it amazing that other members have give the *exact* same advise, word for word, and included links to other sites with instrudtions for writing an "International Affairs Essay".

I've now located those other posters and banned them, as I have you; and I also removed the links to the site being promoted that were embedded in posts here.

Go away, as we don't want spam here.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote