Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:30 PM   #1

Default Acrylic, metal, Endura metallic, or something else?

Hello everyone:
I'm looking for some advice:
I've never had any of my pictures printed on anything but cheap photo paper. I would like for people to look at some of my work, and tell me which photos they would suggest I have printed, and on what material.
Here is a link to my flickr page.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
William
WilliamTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:54 PM   #2
conor

You have a pretty wide variety of subjects, most of which are excellent shots (for what they're intended to be). I think that the choice of which you print is a decision you have to make, based on your intended audience and goals.

I flipped through a few pages, the shots that stand out most to me (and my general preferences) are: DSC_0881, DSC_1042, DSC_2527, DSC_3085, DSC_3126, DSC_3741, DSC_4479, DSC_4547.

As for printing, I've never been disappointed with the print quality from most professional print studios. Whether it be shipping the digitals off to Kodak - Best Buy used to do this with an in-store pickup option, Costco has very decent photo printing - at a very good price, I've never been all that impressed with Walmart, though I've used SuperStore's print services many times and haven't been disappointed - this one's Canadian, I notice you're in TN, so I've only included it for completeness.

If you're considering another medium, unfortunately I'll have to reserve my opinion as I'm not acquainted with any other print methods.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
You have a pretty wide variety of subjects,.....

If you're considering another medium, unfortunately I'll have to reserve my opinion as I'm not acquainted with any other print methods.
Thank you very much Conor! Thank you for taking the time to look through my pictures, and thank you for offering the compliments and advice.
At my job, they just moved my office, and I thought I might hang up some of my work for the first time in the 26 years I've worked there. I was wondering if certain types of pictures are better suited to different materials - like maybe a sunset may be better suited to printing on aluminum, or maybe that is the last thing you would want to print on aluminum. Or maybe Kodak endura is better suited for pictures of people?
Am I'm over thinking this?
WilliamTn is offline   Reply With Quote