Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 13, 2004, 4:45 PM   #1

Default Minolta Z1 vs Fuji Finepix S5000

OK I've narrowed my upcoming purchase down to these two cameras (Minolta Z1 or Fuji S5000). I have read reviews on this site & I would like some input to help me decide which to go with.
Both of them are 10x optical zoom & 3 MegaPix (Which are areas of concern), but how do they fair on quality?

Please, All Input Welcome.
FromZto850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2004, 7:52 PM   #2

Those were two of the cameras I was looking at as well. I ended up getting the Z1, it came Thursday. I did more than 100 shots today of a young motocross racer and a practice session at the local short track since I'm mainly doing auto racing pics. The Z1 worked out great. Put it in continuous mode and it's really fast with almost no shutter lag. When I stood in the turn 3 & 4 area I was able to get up to six shots in a row, with more practice I could probably get more. Some bad shots of course since it was my first time using it, but a surprisingly high number seemed to turn out pretty well--I'll know more when I download them. I believe the Z1 is a little faster as far as shutter lag and auto focusing than the Fuji, and has the hotshoe. Of course, if speed isn't a priority/concern for you that becomes moot. I also find the Z1 easy to use, especially in regards to the menus.
murphyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 7:53 PM   #3

I have a Z1, I love it, I recommend it!!!!
stephendickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2004, 5:07 AM   #4

Z1 All the way, I also came down to those two, but overall went for the Z1, because the picture quality is better, as murphyc said it has a a very low shutter lag.
The only slight negative is the design of the rear panel, but i'm warming to it!
baillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2004, 7:27 PM   #5

Ok it seems the Z1 is getting the most feedback. I really appreciate everyone’s reply.

Please continue replying.
FromZto850 is offline   Reply With Quote