Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 20, 2004, 1:30 PM   #1

Default Color and details, which camera is best?

I have a Sony DSC0717. I need high quality photos so I can put together brochures and other advertising materials that show tiles, marbles, granite and other natural stones. Color and detail of these products are important. My Sony is ok, but I know there is better out there. I have looked into the Sony DSC0828, but the reviews do not seem so good. I have looked at what seems to be top notch the Canon EOS D1s. I am not scared of the price tag, but is this too much camera for what I need?

I also have two children I love to photograph as well as trips, family events, and business needs. I would appreciate any opinions on what camera would be best for my need.

Thank you
Numbersqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2004, 2:36 PM   #2

How big do you plan on enlarging your pictures? If they need to be huge, the 1DS is the way to go. If not, maybe one of the less expensive Canon DSLR's. If you want an awesome camera, the 1D mk II that'll be out next month might be the way to go. Everything you could ask for in a DSLR. Not quite the 11 MP like the 1DS, but it shoots fast and has great electronics. And 8mp is nothing to sneeze at. Basically everything the 1Ds does and then some minus$3500 off the price
The Fuji S2 Pro has been known for its color accuracy. The S3 Pro coming out later this year will be even better.
LTBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 6:08 PM   #3

Thank you for your advise. No my pictures will not be "huge". They will be pictures to add to a brochure about my company. It is just hard to get details and colors to be as close to exact when your working with natural stone.

Do you know where I might find information on the net about the Canon EOS 1D MK II that you mentioned which would be out next month? I would like to read up on it.

Thanks again!
Numbersqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 5:30 PM   #4

Canon's 1D Mark II Website
Steve's Preview for the 1D Mark II
I still think the Fuji DSLR's have great color
Fuji S2
Fuji S3
LTBerry is offline   Reply With Quote