Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:34 AM   #1

Default August 21, 2017 what's your plans?

It's coming fast and you should at least by now have a plan of action that includes last minute traveling to get to a clear area with no clouds.
Do you know what I'm talking about?
If you do, then do you mind sharing where you will be?
Although I will have at least 3 cameras with me during the event I don't want to loose the moment to strictly focusing on capturing images. I would rather just take in the moment with the experience of witnessing every detail as they play out. And sharing that experience with my wife while holding her.
OK maybe just a few photo's. But that's it!
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:30 AM   #2

I may, if my cataract surgeries have completely healed, and I can get the details of my mother's estate cleared up in time, head West to visit my brother in CO. I'll use that as a base. The weather in that part of the country is more likely to permit good viewing.
My last successful attempt to shoot an eclipse was in SC in 1984. It was an annular eclipse and my setup was rather impromptu, with a cheap alt/az refractor scope, and a separate frame to project it on to. It worked, but kept me rather busy moving three pieces of equipment in order to keep the image on the screen. This time around, I shall make a mount for the projection screen and camera to fit on the scope which will keep it all aligned.

BIG CAUTION for everyone who views an eclipse! Don't look at it with your naked eye! Even when the sun is completely covered, there is a considerable amount of UV radiation from the corona, which can damage your eyes permanently.
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:51 PM   #3

My sister-in-law lives in Knoxville. I'm trying to finagle a way to visit her then.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote