Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:06 AM   #1
AMG

Default Make a panoramic

HI all, I am about to take my test to become an Adobe certified expert. I want to practice in depth with the photomerge tool but I have no source files to work with. If you have a few photos you took that would make a nice panaromic shot, I will gladly put them together for you. So we both benefit.

mutual karma in a vacuum
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2004, 8:11 PM   #2

Sorry, I don't have any picutures for you, but what is an adobe certified expert out of curiosity? What's the benefit ?.... not that I know Adobe anywhere good enough to ever accomplish that anytime soon .....
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 9:05 PM   #3

Default Re: Make a panoramic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG
I have no source files to work with. If you have a few photos you took that would make a nice panaromic shot, I will gladly put them together for you. So we both benefit.

mutual karma in a vacuum
What size images would you like, I could send some that I have. I produce Virtual Tours for Real Estate and could send you some scource images for stitching via email if you send your Email address to me by Private Mail
deexley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 8:20 AM   #4
AMG

mdparker, see below

thanks deexley, size doesnt matter too much, let's say around 800 pixels high. my email is:

[email protected]

Thanks, I appreciate it.

mdparker, it's basically a certification that you are an expert in that version of that software which is recognized by Adobe. The benefit depends on what you plan on doing, for example, if I were looking for a job that photoshop knowledge was a must, and it was between me and someone who didn't have the certification, it would probably increase my chances of getting the job, so it can look very good on a cv. Your employer won't have to worry about how well you know the software. Or, people who wish to train others through workshops or whatever would need this. In my case, I suggested to the company that I work for that I take the exam to become certified, so in my case there is no downside, plus who knows in the future how it may become useful. But if you don't use photoshop to make a living, and don't plan on it, you won't need it. Thorugh my research and practice exams, you would need to know the program inside and out, know all the menu options and where they are by heart including pallette options and contextual menus, know all the file types and which ones support different things like spot channels, alpha channels, paths, tranparency, layers, etc. And also, know color management inside and out. This is what I am studying right now. And of coarse the photomerge function which I have yet to experiemnt with.
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 8:48 AM   #5

Interesting: two people looking for images to stitch within a couple of days, see http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=23400

You are more than welcome to use that set, or any part of it, but it is likely to be more difficult than many because it was shot off level and because it has many strong off-center horizontals. I haven't used PS for stiching, but that set will show the limitations of that technique.

If you want a set that is easy to stitch, shoot it yourself. Use a distant subject and the long end of your lens. Keep the camera level and use a tripod - don't worry about nodal point roation. Avoid subjects with strong horizontals unless they are very close to the center of the pano. A fair amount of gravel in the forground and sky as the top background will also make it easier.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote