Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 28, 2002, 5:07 AM   #1

Default apple mac owners please read...

have any of you mac owners had a problem retrieving images from one site to post on this site? i have a power mac g4 , im unable to post images to this site, another fellow member of this site who owns a pc was able to post one of my images , but for some reason im unable to,, i was just wondering if it was a mac related probem? fellow mac users your input would be appreciated
my regards thomas
thomas mcconville is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2002, 10:56 AM   #2

Default posting pictures...

I will be asking the same question, once i buy the digital camera.....have mac g4 as well.
athem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2002, 12:18 PM   #3

Where is the actual problem? You mean you can't upload a file to a server? What are you using to make the transfer? FTP?

Is the image you want to link to already being hosted somewhere and you just can't make the link work from here?
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2002, 3:25 PM   #4

Default No trouble here...

I've been posting on this site from a mac with no trouble at all. I haven't done much, but what I have done works fine.

Perhaps you should do it from your friends computer, to make sure you are doing it right?

--nw
NoWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2002, 2:34 AM   #5

im trying to retrieve images that are being hosted on several sites ( pbase) and (www.photographyreview.com) another member of this site was able to retrieve one of my images from photographyreview.com so by that i know that site is compatible with this one, ive tried the hyperlink as well as the other image insert box , and it doent retrive the image, im pretty positive im putting in the right image url in. when you asked "what am i using to make the transfer?" i dont understand what you mean, you'll have to excuse me ,im new to computers :-( on this site you dont have to pay a fee to display images do you? any input on this matter would be appreciated
thomas mcconville is offline   Reply With Quote