Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 30, 2004, 1:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Snail
I use neat image as it's good for fine tuning but it takes some getting used to.
I also use another free program for quickies which is faster and a piece of cake to use.
Try this.

http://helicon.com.ua/noisefilter/He...oiseFilter.msi
I can't open that link - it's a bunch of gibberish on the page like it's trying to open a non-html / non-text file as a text file.
pianoplayer88key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 1:38 PM   #12

Quote:
I can't open that link - it's a bunch of gibberish on the page like it's trying to open a non-html / non-text file as a text file.
Try one step before

http://www.helicon.com.ua/pages/index.php?id=79

[/quote]
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 4:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoplayer88key
So would the imaging program mentioned above in the shot with the person's face be able to rescue photos taken at night or in dark places without the flash?
A noise reduction program will greatly reduce the noise level but will do nothing for blurred photos due to slow shutter speed camera shake.

BTW, I feel sorry for people who are trying to open your pics with a dial up connection. I would suggest resizing downward so that your examples open more quickly.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 8:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoplayer88key
So would the imaging program mentioned above in the shot with the person's face be able to rescue photos taken at night or in dark places without the flash?
A noise reduction program will greatly reduce the noise level but will do nothing for blurred photos due to slow shutter speed camera shake.

BTW, I feel sorry for people who are trying to open your pics with a dial up connection. I would suggest resizing downward so that your examples open more quickly.
I don't think it will make a whole lot of difference cause the pics are hosted on a cable which is capped fairly low. I want the full quality of the pics.

I just took a few shots of the same scene using a tripod....

http://68.105.110.45:1180/stephen/pi...oor_noflash_1/

Going down the list, it's basically supposed to be ISO 50, compensation -2, 0, +2, then it continues in sets of 3 with same exposure compensation with ISO 100, ISO 200, and ISO 400. The last one is with the flash in Program mode at ISO 50 or AUTO (I forget which), exposure compensation 0. All the shots were taken at 640x480 superfine on a Canon A80.

To see if image resolution has anything to do with noise, I'm going to add a few ISO 400 shots at full resolution (2272x1704 superfine). These are the last 3 shots.
pianoplayer88key is offline   Reply With Quote