Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 1, 2004, 2:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa
it looks like the postings got a wee bit off topic
Sorry Zendragon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL
Heck they even made Digital cameras (dSLR) that no one knows about (while Canon and Nikon still wore diapers)
Hey i bet its way lighter than the F5 aswell! Its Offical, Minolta RAWK! \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
I don't think I'd mind testing the F5 in space
Id test anythin to get of this planet for a bit
Japair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2004, 2:34 PM   #22
NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japair
Its Offical, Minolta RAWK!
Isn't it cool?... Have you seen what a Minolta body can do (before the advent of sD cards!): http://www.35mm.freeserve.co.uk/mug/card.html :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 2:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL
Isn't it cool?... Have you seen what a Minolta body can do (before the advent of sD cards!): http://www.35mm.freeserve.co.uk/mug/card.html
That crazy! Must of been a pain in the arse constantly changing cards but, as usual Minolta were well ahead of there game!
Japair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2004, 2:53 PM   #24

Default Re: What about the 10D Canon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendragon
I currently own a Fujifilm S602 Z as well as a small Canon Powershot that I use for time when a small camera is needed.

I am ready to make the move into the DSLR world and start taking photos the way I used to before digital came along.

I would really like a camera that is pretty fast, so 2.5 FPS or better. It seems that for the price, the Digital Rebel and the Nikon D70 are in my price range, although if there was enough of a reason to spend a couple hundred more, I would consider it.

I take a ton of portrait stuff right now, indoor (in a home studio) and outdoors. I also take a fair amount of action photos too hence the speed issues.

I am looking into getting some strobes for the studio (using hot lights now) and really am not sure which DSLR camera would best suit my needs.

I am hoping that you can shed some like on which direction I should go. Thanks in advance.
I am quoting myself because after looking at the D70 test shots and reading about the issues, I am not certain that it is the camera for me. It made me take a look at another camera, the 10D. It seems that a lot of people like this camera and the reviews look good. I understand that the DRebel is similar in photo quality and features and it may still be a consideration.

My question is, based on what I want it for, which would be better. My funds will probably only be able to cover one lens too. If you had to have one lens to do the bulk of what I mention above, which would be the way to go? Thanks everyone...
Zendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2004, 7:00 AM   #25
NHL

Default Re: What about the 10D Canon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendragon
My question is, based on what I want it for, which would be better. My funds will probably only be able to cover one lens too. If you had to have one lens to do the bulk of what I mention above, which would be the way to go? Thanks everyone...
For portrait that would be the 50mm f/1.8 @ $70. It won't break the bank and you can get a general purpose zoom for the rest!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote