Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 1, 2004, 2:11 PM   #1

Default I need info on Digital Cameras -I hate the one I just bought

I researched digital cameras for several weeks before deciding to purchase an Olympus C-750. I have owned Olympus in the past (not digital) and they were good. I have had the camera for about 2 months now and I am just not happy with it at all. I read so many good reviews about this camera, but I am not impressed. I used an old Sony Mavica FD-91 from my work and it took better pictures that this camera. I push down the button to take the picture and there is such a delay in taking the picture that I often get pictures that are not anything like what I wanted. Why is the delay so LONG? There was no delay on the Sony camera. Is the delay just on this camera or are all digital cameras now like this. Also, many times my pictures are blurry because when pushing the button you have to push so hard and the camera moves a small amount. HELP, please because I want to sell this camera and get one more suited to my needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TAZDZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2004, 3:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZDZZ
I push down the button to take the picture and there is such a delay in taking the picture that I often get pictures that are not anything like what I wanted.
Basic question are you jus ramming the button down like you would on a film cam? On just about ever digi cam around right now has a two step shutter release button. Sounds like you need to give thecam a chance to get its settings right. Push the button to the first step (to let the camera compose the frame by setting the various setting to get a good pic. Like exposer, Apature, ISO & most inportantly the Focus) When this is all done (in .somthin of a second) the cam should let you know its ready for the shot (with a beep/icon on the display/or both) then push the button all the way & in theory you got ur pic. It that dont work, maybe its a faulty camera?

I was also under the inpression the C-750 was another great cam from Olympus?
Japair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 4:29 AM   #3

Default Yes - I know how to use camera

The pictures - most of them come out good, but not as good as the ones I took with the older Sony Mavica. I took pictures of a pool party once with the Sony and I got children splashing and water droplets in the air- all which were so clear. With this camera by the time it takes the shot - the splash would be over and all the water would be in the pool again......
TAZDZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 4:37 AM   #4

*shrug* Im out of ideas then, sorry
Japair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 4:44 AM   #5

TAZDZZ, have you read the Minolta Z2 review. It is supposed to have a fast focusing time, it may be what you are looking for.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote