Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 4, 2004, 6:00 PM   #1

Default memory cards?

is a memory card just a memory card i can get a kingston 256mg card for£35.00 or an lexor 256mg card for £56.00 would they be any bifferance in the picture
sorry for asking im new to this
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2004, 6:09 PM   #2

There would be absolutely no difference in picture quality, clarity, color, etc. What makes cards different is things like reliablity, transfer speeds and of course size. You want one large enough for your needs and reliable enough so you don't loose pictures. You may want to see if your camera vendor has certified cards to work with you camera. If so, you can be sure those will be good. If you have a camera that is able to write fast to the card, then you also want a card that is capable of taking the data fast enough to minimize your time between shots. With my camera for instance, it is capable of taking 3 frames per sec so in my case, speed is very important if I plan to take numerous continuous shots to keep my camera from waiting on my card to accept the data.
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 1:40 PM   #3

In my mom's case, only the Olympus brand will do her "smart stitching" for panoramic, on-camera. I'd check for things like that. Otherwise, I went for the cheapie myself and don't regret it.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 3:34 PM   #4

thanks guys
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote