Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:25 PM   #11

Yes - on my Pentax *istD, you can press a button and it will register the first photo's information and then the next photo taken will be superimposed. You can't do three (like the Harris shutter). My Pentax *istD is an SLR - digital. Yes, I could do the effects in the software, but I like to learn how to do it the "real" way - I think whatever you can do in real life and then in the camera, the better quality you end up with, than post-production (I do tweak my pictures with PE2, also - sometimes extensively). I just like to learn how to do things I think are neat.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey143
...on my Pentax *istD, you can press a button and it will register the first photo's information and then the next photo taken will be superimposed. You can't do three...
Gee, that's too bad if someone really needed to do multiple exposures. Although I don't do any, mine will do an unlimited number of exposures superimposed.
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2004, 7:32 AM   #13

Yeah, I really don't have the need for it. I would probably just do it in software.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 9:20 AM   #14

Oh, my! I was totally wrong! The Pentax *ist will do as many as you want - I just didn't know that. I was rereading the manual (I like to do that a month or so after I get new equipment, to learn what I didn't learn the first time) and found that out.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 10:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey143
Oh, my! I was totally wrong! The Pentax *ist will do as many as you want - I just didn't know that. I was rereading the manual (I like to do that a month or so after I get new equipment, to learn what I didn't learn the first time) and found that out.
Ah, that's good to know. At least you'll have the option to experiment if you'd like to!
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:30 AM   #16

Yes - I like options!