Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:03 PM   #1

Default What am i doing wrong please

Hi,I have a Fuji S3000. Very easy to use for a beginner like me but I do have a problem that when I place my photo's onto the computer some of them look as though they have two or three photo's in one (ie. photo 1 half a picture with photo two next to it & sometimes even a third) I have used a tripod & hand held on a fairly bright day but wonder can this still be camera shake or a fault with the camera.
If I can work out how to place a photo on the forum I will do if this will help diagnose the problem.
Thanks.
russellsnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:27 PM   #2

Boy, I have no idea. The only question I can ask is this: my mom just bought a Fuji S7000. And it has a panorama mode where it will take three pics and seam them together (in-camera, not software) if you have the right type of memory card. Could this function be on your camera, and engaged? Otherwise, it sounds like perhaps the camera needs to go back. I'd call technical support if you can't get an answer from someone here (or other forums) who have the camera and know what it's doing. Good luck!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 3:47 PM   #3

I don't have an answer but this is certainly an interesting problem. Can you provide more information:
1) Do the photos appear okay when viewed on the camera before transfer?
2) What file type are you taking these as?
(If you are saving them as RAW - then converting with software that doesn't handle the cameras RAW format it may be doing something strange with the RGB layers??)
3) If you are using RAW format - try using a JPG format and see if you have the same problem -do you?
4) What OS are you transfering them to - and how are you doing the transfer?
5) What program are you viewing these in?
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 7:57 PM   #4

If this happens on flash pictures, it could be your flash is set for slow synchro (assuming that camera model has that feature).
Otherwise, it sounds as though the photo files themselves are somehow getting linked together by mistake.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:15 PM   #5

Default Re: What am i doing wrong please

Pretty much imposible to do anything but guess without seeing the pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellsnr
If I can work out how to place a photo on the forum I will do if this will help diagnose the problem.
See the FAQs above, esp http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/faq.php#24 The main point being that you have to have you photo on the web somewhere that allows a direct link to the photo. If you use one of the free web sites like GeoCities/Yahoo/Netscape/..., you can give a URL so folks can go there to see it since they do not allow direct linking to the image.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Hi,I have a Fuji S3000. Very easy to use for a beginner like me but I do have a problem that when I place my photo's onto the computer some of them look as though they have two or three photo's in one (ie. photo 1 half a picture with photo two next to it & sometimes even a third) I have used a tripod & hand held on a fairly bright day but wonder can this still be camera shake or a fault with the camera.
Thanks.
I wouldn't be able to tell what is happening, but as far as I know, the S3000 does not have multiple exposure, panoramic, or RAW capturing capability, so it couldn't be due to any of these features.
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:50 PM   #7

If you want to email me one of these odd photos I can host it on my webapge so you can link to it from the forum. That way we can see what's going on..

If you want that, PM me.
PlatinumWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2004, 4:33 AM   #8

These are Russel's photos.

I have experienced this once before, the image was split like the second image here. Turns out it was fine on the camera and it was removing the image from the memorycard that had corrupted it...
PlatinumWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2004, 10:31 AM   #9

Quote:
...when I place my photo's onto the computer some of them look as though they have two or three photo's in one (ie. photo 1 half a picture with photo two next to it & sometimes even a third)...
Hmmm...what method are you using to transfer/copy your pictures onto your computer?

i.e., card reader, direct connect with USB
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:56 AM   #10

Default russellsnr & russellsnr2 same

using xd card reader, system win xp pro 2x 80 gb. 512 mem,2000+xp amd pro.
russellsnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote