Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:42 AM   #1

Default The pain, the agony....

I am still looking to buy a DC. But the problem is that it is a risk.

1) If I buy from the US, I am scared of the delivery, shipping and customs Duty tax. (((steves recommended price for Canon A70: USD 250-USD 300 with warranty)))

2) People say all digicams in India are illegally smuggled in from Dubai and other middle east countries. These can be second hands or faulty ones. So how do I trust them.(((If I buy it from an Indian online store: USD 360 without warranty, but 6 months replacement gaurentee)))

3) The local dealer is a cannon recongnised dealer. He has sold three A70's in the last one year. He does not have a test model or a readily available one which I can and see and try out. (((The best price from a recognised local Cannon dealer: USD 430 with two years original cannon replacement warranty. USD 515 for Canon A70 and printer )))

What do I do. I am crazy about digicams. I have come down to the A70 from Fujis5000, because the fuji is too costly in India. There are no Minoltas, Kodaks, Olympus or any other cameras in the proper price range.

All that comes are cheap chinese make 0.3 MP stick cams and trash.

So does anyone have any experience or any solution ?????? Or is there something you would advice me on.
varun_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2004, 7:13 AM   #2

You could try to contact Canon and see if there are other authorized resellers in your area. Just because that one doesn't have (in stock) what you want doesn't mean there isn't another one that does.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2004, 7:57 AM   #3

Default Re: The pain, the agony....

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_me
The local dealer is a cannon recongnised dealer. He has sold three A70's in the last one year. He does not have a test model or a readily available one which I can and see and try out.
Well have you asked him to get one in? Then you can try it & even if you dont like it the deal wont be that worryed as hes already sold 3 already!
Japair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2004, 1:57 PM   #4

Default thanks

sorry, there are no other Cannon dealer in this part of the country. I am thinking of buying it online from JJMehta. They seem to be quiet reliable..I hope so,

Thank you everone for your replies,
varun_me is offline   Reply With Quote