Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 10, 2004, 1:13 AM   #1

Default sony vs cannon

should i get the sony dsc p 10 or the cannon power shot S400.
i want video quality and i can get unlimited video from sony but the picture quality also matters. thanx
thebends is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2004, 9:02 AM   #2

I haven't heard much about the Canon that you are asking about, but I would not get the Sony P10. Me and several other people have bought the P10 and hated it so we took it back and got our money back. Thread is here http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=24308

I just bought the Kodak DX 6490 and I love it. It is so much better than the P10 and it also has video that will go as long as you have space on your memory card. However, if you are wanting to pick a camera on how good it's video function is, why not get a digital camcorder?

Jake
jkulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2004, 10:27 AM   #3

I hope you're not buying a camera only based on the question "what should I get?" Have you read any reviews on these cameras? Have you considered going to a camera store and getting some hands on time with it? I can see your point in asking for the experiences of others but you and people like you really need to to do some research on your own and make an informative decision rather than only relying on questions "like what should I get". Plus I don't understand why you're inquiring about a still camera when your only question is about video. Like the previous reply stated, if video is your main concern get a video camera........sheeeesh :roll:
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2004, 3:52 PM   #4

i guess i should consider a digital camcorder. It's just that most of them are so HUGE and bulky. It's a hassel to carry around.
Thanx for the advice on the P 10.
thebends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2004, 4:36 PM   #5

Yes, a digital camcorder is larger than a digital still camera, however everything is relative. Compared to an old VHS camcorder the new digital camcorders are miniscule. My son has a vhs-c format camcorder and it really isn't that big, not lot a larger than the largest digicams like the Sony DSC-f828. Then again the camcorders are not great for still pictures so I guess you have to pick your priorities, good luck!
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote