Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 14, 2004, 1:41 AM   #1

Default ElectricSam, BuyDig or Willoughby's? (For a Nikon Coolpix)

Have looked at all the on-line comments i found (Bizrate, ResellerRatings) and these 3 have decent ratings and GOOD price on a 2200 ($148 or so vs $180 locally)...any comments from folks here on these dealers? I understand Willoughby's is authorized Nikon dealer..not sure about the others...I'm not familiar with any of these dealers...
jhallgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2004, 4:42 PM   #2

I have excellent dealings with B&H Photo and Video (bhphotovideo.com). I have placed about 6 orders with them, cancelled some items, and even returned a couple of things. They are somewhere between the super discount (bait & switch) companies and the big box stores. I experienced absolutely NO pushing of accessories. There is a good reason for this - they seem to carry about every possible accessory (all brands) at MUCH lower prices than the other places. They don't have to make their money on the accessories.

I also bought a mid range camera just two days ago from BuyDig.com. This place USED to have pretty low ratings, as they used to push accessories hard (items became 'out of stock' if you didn't want acc). However, I noticed that all of the opinion sites show it has improved dramatically recently. This seems to be coincidental with the fact that their prices have risen a little (but much cheaper than B&H). Their accessories are limited and overpriced, though. I ordered just the camera on-line, and it shipped the SAME DAY! Not a single call to push even a warranty. I was really surprised. I got a FEDEX tracking number the same day via e-mail.

Based on this experience, I would seriously consider BuyDig.com. Go to B&H for your accessories.
brianfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2004, 1:27 AM   #3

Decided on Willoughby's...Web-ordered on Thur 15..shipped on Fri 16...Rec'd on Tue 20...decent time considering a weekend and UPS!

Price was $176 BUT had FREE shipping and a "FREE" 128mb Dane-Elec SD card so compared to $148 from BuyDig, it was more $$$$ BUT got a 128mb for the extra $29 which isn't bad, it would seem...
jhallgren is offline   Reply With Quote