Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 22, 2004, 3:31 PM   #11
NHL

IMO every single one of theses cameras is easy to use: just put in on the green square or P and shoot! :lol:

The difference is as one gains experience and exploit their features, that's where one would need the manual... Of course if the features are not there, then no reading is required: For example except for the Pro1 may be does any other camera beside the A1/A2 offer wireless TTL multi-units/multi-groups flash features found only on the latest dSLRs (this feature in itself require a fat manual)?

I believe the A2 is so flexible that it even has more features than most dSLRs: Its memory recall for example can not only recall the camera mode, but the resolution/jpeg/RAW pictures size as well something that's lacking on my 10D!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2004, 1:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmckay
I found the Oly and Nikon the easiest to use....especially the Oly since a fair majority of the controls/menu's haven't changed.
The giveaway here is the word menus. After you set up your individual preferences on the A2 you hardly ever need the menu. It's all done with the on-camera controls. My old Oly C2500 takes great pictures but anything other than point and shoot takes time.
Technophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2004, 2:17 PM   #13

Quote:
The giveaway here is the word menus. After you set up your individual preferences on the A2 you hardly ever need the menu. It's all done with the on-camera controls. My old Oly C2500 takes great pictures but anything other than point and shoot takes time.
Yes, your right....but you can also setup the c8080 so you don't have to go through the menu's either....My point was I didn't need to RTFM in order to use the camera at all....maybe not to its fullest extent, but more than 1/2 of the cameras features could be found within the first 5 minutes of trying it.
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote