Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:09 AM   #11

I did consider the Z1 but looking at reviews , and owner opinions and a lot of test photos I still thought the C-740 had better picture quality and I had heard that the Z1 was a little on the flimsy side in terms of construction. I'm sure it's not a big deal but I'm going to be doing hiking and stuff like that so didn't want to take any chances.

As for JinE I did take a look at the FZ10 and it is a great camera but unfortunatley up here in Canada it's around the $700 range if I remember correctly. That was out of my budget so I had to rule it out pretty fast. Looks like a really nice camera though and if it was cheaper I probably would have got it for sure.
Pakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakai
I did consider the Z1 but looking at reviews , and owner opinions and a lot of test photos I still thought the C-740 had better picture quality and I had heard that the Z1 was a little on the flimsy side in terms of construction..
I looked over a Z1 in jessops(UK) with a view to buy the slightly better made Z2 (not in stock).

Looked and felt like a childs toy that'd be broke within 6 months. Its probably better made than that but it didnt feel like something I'd want to spend 250 on. IMO the olympus et al seemed better contructed.

Looking at the A2 now anyhow.
RobDickinson is offline   Reply With Quote