Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 27, 2004, 5:29 PM   #1

Default Sony DSC-P10 ...I don't have cables

I have a Sony DSC-P10 but I don't have any of the cables. Where can I order the cheapest cables to download pics and charge the battery?

What about 2in1 USB cables that do both? (hotsync???)

thx
dyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2004, 5:59 PM   #2

I have the p52 model, so it should be the same. Call RadioShack or check WalMart. They should have the right cables
Michael Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 2:44 PM   #3

Hi

You can find a lot of camera cables a http://www.dcables.com. If they don't have it in stock they will have it in 2 weeks. Your camera probably takes a USB A to mini B 5 Pin. I know the P5, P7, P9 's do.

dcables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 3:07 PM   #4

Do you have the power adapter/charger unit? If you don't you can't just buy a cable:
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...amp;pfp=BROWSE
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 3:12 PM   #5

Hey

You don't need an adapter/charger unit to download photos. You need a USB Cable.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 5:31 PM   #6

It won't do much good to be able to download photos if he can't charge his battery. That camera charges the battery in the camera and he asked both about charging and downloading. Some of the Sony cameras seem to have the charging circuit built into the camera, but the P10 doesn't.

One of my cameras uses a non-standard connector (Pentax S4), so I would get one specifically listed for the P10 unless it is listed somewhere as standard. This is one: http://www.buynshop.com/category/1454/
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 6:38 PM   #7
Administrator

I hate tomention the obvious, but have you tried calling Sony?

Some years back, I bought an "open box" Sony DSC-F505 that was missing all of the cables. I simply called Sony to get them (they took my name and number, and had someone call me back that found the part numbers, and knew exactly what to ship me).

It's been too long ago for me to remember what they charged me. But, I definitely remember being pleasantly surprised by it. I was concerned that the extra cost of the missing items, would offset the "open box" discount I got. However, that didn't turn out to be the case.

I don't know how Sony's Customer Service is now. My only otherSony purchase was a DSC-P10 last year. However, I didn't like the camera so I returned it for a refund, before I had a chance to use Sony's Service for anything. But, if they are half as good as they were when I bought my F505, then you should have no problem getting the missing cables directly from Sony.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:55 AM   #8

Slipe

You are absoultly correct. Some have chargers and some don't. Thanks for the additional info. I will pass it on.