Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 2, 2004, 7:54 AM   #101

I too am using Default2 for a color scheme. Like all right minded people! Or is that crazy minded people, I get that confused.

Nice catch bcoultry. I would never had thought to try that.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 8:02 AM   #102

bcoultry wrote:
Quote:
Here's the answer to the weirdness: on a hunch, I changed my color scheme preference from "Default 2" to "Shades." Immediately, the link became the correct one. Will now write Steve and let him know about it.
Well spotted, I just changed to Default 2 and it just took me to the forum index. I changed back to shades and it's OK again. :-)

jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 8:04 AM   #103

It wasn't a bolt out of the blue, Eric. I built my own Web site so it would detect screen resolution, sending those who use 800x600 to an alternate set of pages. In the process of doing this, I had to be very careful to duplicate all the "amenities" of the primary set in the secondary set, which naturally led to odd errors. Remembering this is what gave me a clue to why some people had the correct link while others didn't.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 2:27 PM   #104

I used one of the "Defaults" to get a softer look, but all of a sudden they are gone and the only thing available is "Shades".

The eye strain of the white on black and the high contrast is overwhelming. Isn't the art of web site design sufficiently advanced that we don't have to fight eyestrain in order to enjoy the benefits of an otherwise outstanding site?

Deane
Deane Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 2:48 PM   #105

ok dean..take a chill pill....he's working on it...

web work isn't NEARLY as easy as most people think.....you miss one letter and it messes the whole thing up.......

just be patient...

i personally don't see any problem with the white on black....in fact, i like it...but...if you guys say it strains your eyes....i believe you...
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 2:59 PM   #106

I can't find my "chill pills". My eyes are all blood shot and tearing and I can't see anything.:?:-)
Deane Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 3:07 PM   #107

Love to be able to chime in ... but I cant see what the heck Im typing...

:lol:

Joking its all good... ppl need to relax a lil huh? its just different .. not bad.... and actually this theme fits the color scheme of the main site ... It isnt suppossed to look like pastels and green easter eggs.. Now the smilies... they are a problem!!! LOL When I click on the it gives me the :P
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 3:34 PM   #108

Yes, it's being worked on, and those of us who quickly see spots, then go blind with white type on black will again be able to go to something meant for people who wear bifocals. (Just wait, Vito, your time will come!:twisted

There does happen to be something I discovered when my scheme suddenly changed from light gray to black, and it's this: any photo with a very dark or black background looks perfectly awful because it has no framework. Things end up looking adrift without anchor. From now on, I'm going to fix my darker photos with (unwanted) frames. It certainly explains some of the oddball comments I've seen on people's pictures.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 3:48 PM   #109

I've always stuck with the black background, it seems to load a bit quicker. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 4:11 PM   #110

jackrussell wrote:
Quote:
I've always stuck with the black background, it seems to load a bit quicker. :-)
Youth sees better but has no patience.