Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 3, 2004, 12:33 PM   #41

I thought it might be related to cookies, so I deleted allof themfrom the forum (all two of them), but it made no difference. I don't think it's browser-related, not unless the latest version of IE is the problem.

In the meantime, I've suspended the weekly challenge because of eye strain until things get sorted out.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 12:36 PM   #42

When I try to go into "My Account" I encounter:

"Invalid SQL query: SELECT COUNT(*) AS forum_topics FROM phpbb_topics t LEFT JOIN phpbb_posts p ON t.topic_last_post_id=p.post_id LEFT JOIN phpbb_forums f USING (forum_id) WHERE topic_id IN (25821) AND f.WOWBB_FILTER & 1-Column: 'topic_id' in where clause is ambiguous"

This happened when I tried to set my theme to the new black one.

Also, I get a mesg that says "Logged in as mrkryz - You have 1 new message " but in fact I have no messages.. I deleted them all and "zapped" the deleted ones too.
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 2:15 PM   #43

WORKAROUND - ACCESSING YOUR ACCOUNT - HOWTO

Many of us are experiencing that SQL Error code when clicking on "My Account" button.

I suspect it has something to do with the ones who have selected to be notified via email of replyies to a thread they started or to which they partecipated.

The workaround I discovered in a random way is the following :
  1. Click on a member name [/*]
  2. You will get a popup with several actions [/*]
  3. Click on the last item, Add Mana [/*]
  4. A new window will appear telling you that "You have added to the mana of membername. If in the future you change your mind, you can always cancel this action by using the Mana tab in your account settings." [/*]
  5. Now click on Mana tabof this message. [/*]
  6. Now you are in the Mana section of My Account Panel [/*]
  7. If you click on other tab you will be able to change Preference,Profile,Avatar and so on[/*]
What's mana ?

User Ranking: Mana

WowBB uses an advanced iterative algorithm to determine the most respected users. A user "adds mana" to other users she respects, and the more mana she has, the more the increase in recipients' manas. A user can also change her mind, and remove mana from someone to whom she added mana before.
Found in http://www.wowbb.com/features.php
This mana looks intersting. I've already added my Mana !
REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE MEMBER U ADDED AS A MANA FOR THIS WORKAROUND IF YOU DO NOT CONSIDER IT A MANA !

brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 2:37 PM   #44

Noticed some oddities when replying to a message...

Text Size...

1. The default text size "2" becomesSMALLER when previewed or posted (much smaller than it is in the editor)

2. The "3" size is a bit large given how small 2 posts

3.Manyold imported messagesare in a nice textsize between the current 2 and 3 posted size (possibly the same size the EDITOR uses as 2) (I cannot demonstrate this here because we can't seem to post in that nice size)

Preview text Color...

When I preview my message (which was written in white on black) all of the text in the preview is gray on black and barely readable (which makes it real hard to proofread the ready-to-post message).

Carolyn

CarolynS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 2:42 PM   #45

brtsergio, nice one. Itworked for me.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 2:43 PM   #46

Sergio is an accidental genius! By accident, he discovered how those of us who have been able to access our accounts can now do it.

Excellent. I'm now back to black on white. My only wish now is to go back permanently to a slightly larger type size.
Old May 3, 2004, 2:50 PM   #47

I just discovered that Sergio's workaround worksonly once. Using his method, I went in and made some changes, but I can't get back in without going through the "Mana" routine all over again.

Steve must be tearing his hair out.
Old May 3, 2004, 2:54 PM   #48

And you can't remove "Mana" once you've added it.
Old May 3, 2004, 2:56 PM   #49

lg wrote:
Quote:
New format looks nice, but what is mana?
I was wondering that too so I looked it up:

WowBB uses an advanced iterative algorithm to determine the most respected users. A user "adds mana" to other users she respects, and the more mana she has, the more the increase in recipients' manas. A user can also change her mind, and remove mana from someone to whom she added mana before.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 3:09 PM   #50

THANK YOU for providing the workaround. I gave you the mana which youearned by figuring this out.

brtsergio wrote:
Quote:
WORKAROUND - ACCESSING YOUR ACCOUNT - HOWTO

Many of us are experiencing that SQL Error code when clicking on "My Account" button.

I suspect it has something to do with the ones who have selected to be notified via email of replyies to a thread they started or to which they partecipated.

The workaround I discovered in a random way is the following :
  1. Click on a member name [/*]
  2. You will get a popup with several actions [/*]
  3. Click on the last item, Add Mana [/*]
  4. A new window will appear telling you that "You have added to the mana of membername. If in the future you change your mind, you can always cancel this action by using the Mana tab in your account settings." [/*]
  5. Now click on Mana tabof this message. [/*]
  6. Now you are in the Mana section of My Account Panel [/*]
  7. If you click on other tab you will be able to change Preference,Profile,Avatar and so on[/*]
What's mana ?

User Ranking: Mana

Found in http://www.wowbb.com/features.php
This mana looks intersting. I've already added my Mana !
REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE MEMBER U ADDED AS A MANA FOR THIS WORKAROUND IF YOU DO NOT CONSIDER IT A MANA !
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote