Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 4, 2002, 11:45 AM   #1

Default FAQ or help with photo printing?

Any useful info for post-processing (red-eye removal, enhance color etc) and printing to an inkjet? I can't seem to get my photos to turn out right...

Thanks,
-Pablo
skaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:11 PM   #2

It would help to know what software you're using to print from. That's often the Achilles heel. The incuded programs are often too simple and flexible programs take a while to learn. If you're using what came with your camera might be worth investing in editing software. Photoshop is the gold standard but pricey. Paintshop Pro is poor man's Photoshop and extremely flexible. Adobe Phhotoshop Elements is also worth considering. Let us know what you're using now and that will get you some better advice.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2002, 3:24 PM   #3

I've got Photoshop 6 and a few other "lesser" programs. Any FAQ or tutorials for post-processing/printing pictures from Photoshop?

-Pablo
Canon Powershot s330
Epson Stylus 900
skaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2002, 3:52 PM   #4

I'm not familiar with Photoshop's tool for red eye but know Paintshop's and it's pretty straight forward.

Your question doesn't lend itself to a FAQ. In order to know how to fix your images you first need to determine what is wrong with them. Is the color balance off? Contrast? Experiment with the controls in very small increments so you get a feel for what each does.

Does the problem exist in the printer? Are you using photo quality paper? Do you have the printer's control panel in Windows configured for photo paper?
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2002, 9:54 PM   #5

Default I recommend you get a book

I recommend you get "Photo Shop 6.0 classroom in a Book" you can get this at amazon.com at the folling link
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

this will teach you alot of the things Photo Shop 6.0 has available to the user who knows how to use the program.
dc9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 3:04 PM   #6

Default Response

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/

I agree with the others also on this questoin - that there is a LOT to learn and fortunately there is a LOT on the Internet to help. The key is asking the right questions. You could post stuff and get feedback as well. The link above may help with some basic questions. It may take a while to get things working right, but then it is all good fun!
larsonhokie is offline   Reply With Quote