Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 7, 2004, 3:43 AM   #11

Wal-mart in Santee, CA, doesn't have the S1. Any idea where I could find other brick and mortar dealers near Santee, El Cajon, or La Mesa that would have the S1, and the lens adapter? I would prefer a good low price ($500 a bit high but I'm willing to pay that, $450 is better) and a decent (15-day is a bit short, 30 days is much better) return policy at least on the camera.
pianoplayer88key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 4:03 AM   #12
Administrator

Well, I couldn't sleep and got back up. It's 4:00AM here (I'm in Georgia).:sad:

If there is a Ritz nearby, they stock it. But, they're going to want $499.99 plus tax (and the return policy is only 10 days). That's the problem with a new product (everybodywants toget "top dollar" for it -- supply and demand). Give it a month or so, and it'll drop down some.

As for mail order, J&R has 'em for $449.88 with no sales tax outside of NY. They are a brick and mortar store (just on the wrong coast). Next day air runs $26.82 accordingto the checkout cart (but you'd probably need to call 'em early to see if they can ship tmrw, and see if they offer Saturday delivery or not). J&R has a 30 day return policy.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...uct_Id=3966566

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 5:20 AM   #13

looks like local brick-and-mortar is my only option at this point.... so far I'm going to check Staples, Wal-Mart (maybe another location has it), Office Depot, Circuit City, Comp USA, Fry's (where I got one another time but returned it), Best Buy, maybe Ritz (but I don't like the 10-day policy). Any recommendations on those places or suggestions for others?

btw I'll be going shopping with my mom (probably leaving as early as 10AM PDT) so I'll probably get it then. I definitely need it before noon Saturday cause I'll be going out of town for the weekend to a wedding and I'd like to be able to use it there.

Also, although it is a bit of a stretch for my budget right now, maybe in a few weeks I'd like to get a 4GB microdrive (I think I should be able to get one for $200 or so.) Do you know how well they work with the movie mode on the S1 IS?
pianoplayer88key is offline   Reply With Quote