Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 10, 2004, 3:51 PM   #1

I saw B&H prices for Minolta Dimage A1 and thought a little hight for me...Is there any other store (on the regions of CA, NY or FL or any other with low chipping costs) with prices lower than B&H and with good reputation?
Thank you all!
cristianomc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2004, 5:36 PM   #2

You could try newegg.com They are broader in what they carry than B&H, so I don't know if they will have it or not.

But I've dealt with them before and they are good.

Don't knock B&H. Their price might be a bit higher than you want, but their reputation is amazing. They treat their customers really well. This includes post-sale things like returns or tradins.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 3:55 PM   #3

Thank you Eric!
Old May 13, 2004, 4:04 AM   #4

I have had only one deal with them BUT it was great! Willoughby's in NYC had great deal on Nikon 2200 ($176 with "free" 128mb SD and free shipping) and got it in VERY timely fashion!
jhallgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2004, 10:23 AM   #5

eric s wrote:
Quote:
You could try newegg.com They are broader in what they carry than B&H, so I don't know if they will have it or not.

But I've dealt with them before and they are good.

Don't knock B&H. Their price might be a bit higher than you want, but their reputation is amazing. They treat their customers really well. This includes post-sale things like returns or tradins.

Eric
I know B&H has lots of fans, but I'm not sure I agree about how amazing they are. I've ordered from them a few times, but finally decided not to again. The last two shipments I got from them, the items (lenses) were packed VERY poorly. Just about every time I've called, the reps are too rushed and act like they just want to take an order and not answer a question should you have one as well.

Upon recently receiving a defective lens, I called them to to a return, and the rep I talked to literally said, "Oh well, stuff happens", regarding the problem. It was at this point I finally decided not to order from them again. I don't mind paying more if I'm treated well, but if someone's going to be rude with me and act like they don't care if they get my business or not, I'll just walk into any Wolf or Ritz and get that - and not pay shipping charges.

I have recently ordered a lens from "17th Street Photo" in NYC however, and their rep was VERY helpful on the phone, and I got the lens packed well, too. It was my first order from them so I only have one order history so far, but I'm going to use them the next time I do need something. Their ratings were good on the reseller ratings web site as well, which is very good as most folks only log on to that site to complain when they have bad experiences. LOL. If you get a good rating there, you MUST be good.

Again, I know B&H must do things right a good bit of the time because I do read compliments about them from folks - but most of my experiences just were not good enough to warrant any more orders from me.

Greg

atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2004, 10:50 AM   #6

Yes, 17th seems to be great..... I found good prices on www.camerasandeletronics.com but I have no idea of its reputation.....

Does anyone know about them?

Thank you...
Old May 13, 2004, 1:39 PM   #7

I can recommend www.newegg.com, www.jr.com (J and R Music), and www.buydig.com. I have done business with all these stores and have been treated wll with fair pricing.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote