Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 6, 2002, 3:13 PM   #1

Default Anyone get prints from Costco/Kodak?

After scaring myself with the price of an Epson 2200 and consumables and what my local pro lab charges for large prints I'm taking a look at the Kodak/Costco picture center. They have prints up to 16x20 at quite low prices and delivery in 3-5 days to the Costco store for free. I think I'm going to get one of my vacation images done and see what's what but curious if anyone has used them.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2002, 4:14 PM   #2

Steve,

I'm fortunate to have a Walmart & Walgreen (Fuji Frontier), SavOn (Kodak/Gretag DLS) & Costco (Noritsu 2901) closeby for photographic quality prints. Walmart is the only one doing matte finish vs glossy for the others, Costco does 400 dpi vs 300 dpi for the others, Savon uses Kodak Royal paper which is heavier & my wife likes that vs the Fuji Crystal Achieve for the others. Costs range from $0.39 (Savon), $0.29 to $0.20 (Costco) for a 4 x 6. I've had drycreekphoto.com's ICC profile printed at all these machines and read with the results posted on their website and use them in Photoshop before burning the images to a CD-RW for them to print.

I've found that at $0.20 to $0.29 a copy that's cheaper that I can do it on my old Epson. Plus I don't have to sit here while it prints and I can even do some shopping while waiting. And the prints will last a lot longer than my inkjet.
ltdedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2002, 4:29 PM   #3

The local labs is something else to consider but I was referring to uploading them directly to Kodak at http://picturecenter.kodak.com/costco Mainly considering 11x14 and 16x20 prints. I guess I have some legwork to do this weekend. One thing is sure I can't see justifying the cost of a big inkjet for prints that won't last.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2002, 4:41 PM   #4

Steve, I'm here in So California (don't hold it against me) and I've used Pictopia for 8 x 10's, 11 x 14's and 16 x 20's outside of Oakland and PCL West in Gardena for 8 x 10's and 11 x 14's. Pictopia's pricing for 2 or more copies, even of different pics, is very low compared to others which is of the same pic. Hope this helps...Harvey
ltdedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2002, 7:16 AM   #5

Default large prints online

I have a FAQ about online photo services. For your particular question, see the "large prints" section.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read....essage=3067655

-- Richard Akerman
rakerman is offline   Reply With Quote