Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 21, 2004, 12:05 PM   #1

I noticed a few things that still aren't working correctly.

First when you click on a green arrow it is supposed to take you to the first new post...it only takes you to the start of the thread or if it is a multi-page thread the start of the last page of replies. I noticed in a few messages where I've replied and read my reply, it still starts at the top of the page rather than taking me to or past my reply on that page.

Also, in regards to the "New Posts" "Popular (New Posts)" "No New Posts" graphics in the thread listing:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/i.../topic_new.gif
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/i...cons/topic.gif
etc.
every time I go back to the thread listing after reading a message I have to wait for them to reload and this is a nuissance for dialup users. For some reason, they all have a filesize of -1bytes which is forcing them to have to be reloaded each and every time that page is accessed (even with the back button in the browser).

Those are the only problems I could find.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2004, 1:57 PM   #2

Mikefellh wrote:
Quote:
every time I go back to the thread listing after reading a message I have to wait for them to reload and this is a nuissance for dialup users. For some reason, they all have a filesize of -1bytes which is forcing them to have to be reloaded each and every time that page is accessed (even with the back button in the browser).
Not just dial-up. With broadband just the same because the problem lies in the fact that the screen is drawn with the image placeholders first and it so happens that the placeholders are taller than the images themselves and cause the thread rows to be taller. The "Go to last post" arrow is particularly nasty in this sense. When the images finally load the entire thread list collapses into a more compact size and if you were trying to find a specific thread or was about to click one you more often than not click in the wrong thread. Broadband doesn't reduce the time it takes for the server to respond to the request, just makes the files load faster.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 5:58 PM   #3

i'm ona wireless routed cable modem....which might be the reason why it doesn't bother me...but i don't really understand wat you'd want instead of them?
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 6:34 PM   #4

That all HTML image tags have their size specified so that the browser will render the page properly and we won't have what I described in my previous message.

I am on DSL and at work I have access at multi-megabit speeds and see this in both places.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2004, 1:19 PM   #5

It's nice to see the graphics issue has been taken care of!
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote