Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 22, 2004, 2:19 PM   #1

My wife cannot take a picture without shaking the camera. I don't know how she does it but even with fast shutter speeds, the pictures she takes are blurry. I am thinking of a camera with some kind of shake control like theFZ10 or theCanon PS1.

Which cameras have shake control? Is there a list somewhere that shows all the cameras with shake control? Does the shake control work?
BillR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2004, 2:26 PM   #2

I think the Canon S1 IS has it. You could try steve's buyers guide on the main menu and search by keyword to see what comes up. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2004, 4:06 PM   #3

There are a number of digital cameras with optical stabilization. Let's start with historical and go forward,

Olympus C2100UZ (2 megapixel) 10x optical zoom stabilized (Canon system) lens

Olympus E-100RS (1.5 megapixel) 10X optical zoom stabilized (Canon system) lens

Canon Pro 90 (3 megapixel with 2.6 megapixel effective) 10X optical zoom stabilized

Sony Mavica - several long zoom (10X) models with optical stabilized lenses

Panasonic FZ10 (4 megapixel) 12X optical stabilized lens

Panasonic FZ10K

Canon PowerShot S1

Minolta A1

Minolta A2

These are a few...

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2004, 4:10 PM   #4

Lin Evans wrote:
Quote:
Panasonic FZ10 (4 megapixel) 12X optical stabilized lens
Panasonic FZ10K
Be aware that the FZ10 and FZ10K are the same camera. The FZ10 is silver, and the FZ10K is black.

I love my Panasonic FZ10K. If you have any questions at all about it, please PM me. I'd be glad to answer anything about the camera or my experiences (and I've used this thing damn near everywhere from hostile tree-cutters to Dean in Des Moines) so let me know if you have any questions.
Red Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2004, 4:25 PM   #5

"Same" but different - LOL Yes, I also have the FZ10 as well as the C2100UZ and E-100RS. Agree that the FZ10 is a very nice camera.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2004, 4:23 AM   #6

If you´re looking for a pocket-size camera with image stabilizer, Ibelieve the Panasonic FX-5 is the only one. The other cameras suggested here are quite big. Especially the FZ-10.

Do you want this "shake control" for telephotography without using a tripod, or do you want it for indoor-photos without flash and to prevent spoiling the picture because of shaking hands? If you´re notinterested inthe big zoom, I´d go for the FX-5. On the other hand, awider aperture-range might be as good as an image stabilizer in the ladder case. Any opinions on that anyone?
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 7:23 PM   #7

New to the forum: wanted to ask about flashguns for the FZ10K. I think this is the camera for me... so was wondering what flashguns others have been using with this digicam.. i believe most say the Sunpak 383?

chewy2314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 7:49 PM   #8

Any flash will work with the FZ10 as it's not TTL...as long as the flash has a safe trigger voltage (6 volts or less).
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 1:07 PM   #9

I bought a Vivitar 286HV for mine. I wanted the long range of the zoom flash and I find it to be a good unit. But it is very bulky. I would suggest a compromise between size and range if you don't have use for really long ranges. I think a bounce head is desirable.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 1:32 PM   #10

May I just hijack this thread for a few seconds?

I've heard of anti-shake and know what it does, but how does it do it? Witchcraft? Voodoo?
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote