Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 26, 2004, 4:53 AM   #1

I have been using the 3700 for the past 5 months and overall I have been impressed but not TOO impressed. Personally, for $300 I think it is an amazing camera but I was just a little more (higher resolution, more MP, quicker shot times, better indoor, etc.). I am willing to spend some more money, maybe grab a G600 whenever Steve gets around to reviewing it! =)

My other thought was to use just use my old S230 for a pocket camera, sell my 3700, and put it towards the oh-so-cool canon digital rebel. My main question is would I really notice an image quality difference in the rebel compared to the G600 or another 6 MP digi camera? My thoughts are that those digi's already cost roughly $600 and for another $150 you can grab the Rebel.

Thanks for any help!!
DReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2004, 8:53 AM   #2

DReborn wrote:
Quote:
I have been using the 3700 for the past 5 months and overall I have been impressed but not TOO impressed. Personally, for $300 I think it is an amazing camera but I was just a little more (higher resolution, more MP, quicker shot times, better indoor, etc.). I am willing to spend some more money, maybe grab a G600 whenever Steve gets around to reviewing it! =)

My other thought was to use just use my old S230 for a pocket camera, sell my 3700, and put it towards the oh-so-cool canon digital rebel. My main question is would I really notice an image quality difference in the rebel compared to the G600 or another 6 MP digi camera? My thoughts are that those digi's already cost roughly $600 and for another $150 you can grab the Rebel.

Thanks for any help!!
Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Between the two, the G600 should be the better. The G500 has incredibly good photos for the class of camera it is. While there might be a little more noise in the G600 shots (they're I think cramming more pixels in the same sensor as the G500), the images should still be good. It's a fast camera, too.
Quote:
That being said, yes, the Digital Rebel's photos will be visually superior than any consumer camera you compare them to. It's fast, much less noise, and can take photos at a much higher ISO with less noise, than consumer cameras.
Quote:
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote