Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 10, 2002, 9:49 AM   #1

Default Focusing a micro shot

Greetings all,
I have a SonyDSC f707 and I am having a terrible time shooting micros. Question, can you use the telephoto lens while shooting micros? When I'm at wide angle, no problem, but when i use the telephoto I can not focus on the subject. Please advise.
Scott
Scott the Fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2002, 10:42 AM   #2

Default Focusing on Micro shots

I do not have the Sony but do have the Olympus C4040. If I get to close with the macro shot then I can not focus on the subject. I back off and the press the shutter button half way so that the auto focus will adjust. I then move closer to the subject until focus is lost then backup and take the picture. I hope there are easier methods but this works for me.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2002, 10:46 AM   #3

If it's like Sony video cams the macro may only work at wide angle. Try pulling back and seeing if the subject comes into focus.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2002, 7:01 PM   #4

Are you referring to a telephoto adapter or to the native lens at the telephoto end of the zoom?

If you are in Macro mode, you will be able to focus very close in the wide angle mode and at about 36 inches in the telephoto mode.

By using closeup filters, you can change the focusing distance with telephoto, but the best images will be made by using wide angle and varying the distance from camera to subject.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote