Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 1, 2004, 12:38 AM   #1

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to transfer pictures from internal memory to the SD card in the camera? If there is could you explain it to a dummy? I couldn't find it in the book, but I'm almost positive I did it once.

thanks
kardor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2004, 5:09 AM   #2

I don't understand your question...cameras don't store pictures in the internal memory...it only uses this memory for temporary storage while it is copying the picture taken from the CCD until it is written to the SD card. It only seems that pictures are stored in the internal memory but really when you are looking at a picture you have taken you are accessing the SD card just like a computer accessing a hard drive. This all happens automatically.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:21 AM   #3

Quote:
I don't understand your question...cameras don't store pictures in the internal memory...
Some Kodak cameras do have internal memory separate from the memory card. That is, you can actually take pictures without a memory card.

I have a DX4330 which is almost the same camera but only 3 MP. It is quite easy to transfer pictures between internal memory and the memory card. Just go to preview mode and then press Menu. There is a copy function there that allows you to copy the picture you are seeing or all of them. Look in the manual for details.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:14 PM   #4

Thanks for your correct answer. I had finally figured it out after I read the manual again page by page and there it was on page 43! I was positive I had done it before, but for the life of me couldn't figure out how, and couldn't find anything about it in the manual for some reason. That way works a lot better for me than hooking a cord up to the camera to unload it into the computer.

Thanks again

kardor
kardor is offline   Reply With Quote