Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:19 AM   #11

I'm having a bad experience with them right now also. I ordered a sharpshooter on Monday and they still have not shipped it. I just called them when they opened this morning at 9:00 am and they claim its shipping today. But, they've claimed that 4 days this week now.. Oh well for paying for the 2 day ups delivery since it won't come until monday at the earliest now. Stay away from Adorama.
Ogrt48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:03 AM   #12

It seems this is new...in the past they've had a very good reputation, but recently they've gotten some bad comments at resellerratings.com:
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1759.html
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:13 AM   #13

Interesting, I'll be adding a very bad review to that site soon too.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:59 AM   #14

This is very odd. I have been dealing with them for quite some time and they have a great reputation in nyc. I rent lenses & lighting from them and they are 4 stars in their customer service from my experience. (Getting stuck in traffic and showing up an hour late w/rented equipment... no additional charges etc). Maybe they are experiencing some "growing pains" in the online sales dept.

Not that I make any excuses for them ... When I order I expect it to ship when they say and be delivered when I paid for it to be... but this really doesnt sound like the company I have been dealing w/for some time. I'll be in there Tues. next week and ask some of the mgrs. I am friendly with about it .. letting them know that their reputation is about to go down the drain (at least online it is).

** Ogrt48 -> if you want to pm me any details to bring up regarding your purchase Id be happy to do so for you - pm me **
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 3:14 PM   #15

You have a pm.

Yesterday mourning I spoke with them and they said it would be shipped yesterday for sure. Ofcourse Icalled them at 1:10 to make sure it shipped and they said it didn't ship. The guy Fred didn't seem to care at all and just hung up after saying it didn't ship. Last Tuesday or Wedthey told me it was instock and processed ready to go, they even charged my visa already.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 10:21 AM   #16

Well I just spoke to them again and they claim that it's ready to and will be shipping tomorrow. This really means nothing to me until I have the tracking number since they have been saying this since Tuesday. They also wouldn't give me a free upgrade from the 3 day shipping to overnight. I'll never buy from these jerks again.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 5:29 PM   #17

Just spoke with them again 10 minutes ago. This guy was very rude. He told me that they never said it would ship by last friday and actually told me I was "lying." Now he claims its shipping TODAY for SURE but I doubt it.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 9:34 PM   #18

I ordered the 77mm Nikon filter set from adorama thru amazon.com. The filters arrived on time, so my experiance was a good one.
Jim1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 9:37 PM   #19

They finally shipped it last night using 3 day ups... Won't come until Thursday it says. I'll be giving them a poor resellerratings.com review and filing a complaint about their very poor customer service with the BBB this week.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:38 PM   #20

I had ordered once from Adorama (I always buy from B&H unless I can't get an item there), shipping was okay, arrived on a timely fashion, but then I looked at the invoice... there was something weird. It was telling me I owed them $0.01 :-) I paid by creditcard, I don't see why they didn't charge the full $26.95 on my order, instead charging $26.94 and in a way billing me for that one cent I owed them :? I just ignored the invoice, and checked my creditcard statement at the end of the month, it correctly showed I had been charged $26.95. Go figure...
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote