Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 3, 2004, 12:19 AM   #1

Hey guys,
Just wanted to warn any Aussies out there that if they use Kodak Direct or [email protected] they should expect to have their photo's cropped every which way without their consent... They do have options for whether you want them cropped or not but I've tried every option and they still ruin my pictures!

When I approached them about the issue they basically told me I was wrong and that I could go elsewhere with my 100's of prints... I recommend that you don't use them.

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know a good Aussie online printing service?
hackphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2004, 2:44 AM   #2

Sorry, ALL photo printing services will crop your images (I thought it was common knowledge?). They will also run auto levels/auto colours to "optimise" your images, so it's best if you insist your photos to be printed as is, no corrections. I've had great results from Afga machines (Teds Cameras use them), and not so good with Konica machines.

I know it's costly, but I do my own printing. Even a basic entry level inkjet will deliver unbelievable results. Go to Harvery Norman and test the heck out of their printers/ink cartridges but don't buy from them unless you like paying 30% extra for no reason.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 6:00 AM   #3

Or buy a digicam with a 3:2 format.

And the same went with film printing services...unless you tell them not to make corrections they always will because they assume you don't know what you're doing.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 6:51 PM   #4

This printing service has a program you download for submitting you photos. The program has an option to print your photos 'as is' and I chose it. It also has a preview window which says 'this is how your print will look' and it looked perfect. When I complained to them they treated me like crap...

Thanks for the tips though Onyx, I might give Teds a try then.
hackphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote