Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 3, 2004, 10:58 PM   #1

:?hi all,

i am from hong kong and i am a new mother to a baby girl. i always use canon power shot S30 to take photos of my baby. i am really confused! as taking the portraits of my daughter, it seems very nice and sharp! however, when taking group photos indoor, eg. a group of 2 or 3 adults with the baby, then the image will go blur no matter what modes i used, even the auto mode. i am really upset about this as i can't give my friends some nice or just 'clear' pictures!!! that's so frustrating. i just hope somebody here could give me some advice!

or else, i will go for another digital camera - which is easy for snap shot! i read from Steve's review that Casia QV-R40 is a good buy, however it doesn't have date print on the photos, which is also one of my major considerations!!???

thanks
laurensophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:59 PM   #2

are you taking the baby photos closer than the groups? If so, it could be that with group photos you have low light. Try taking the same pictures of the group outside. also are you using the flash?
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 8:41 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply.

i used flash and actually there was light inside and i just wonder if it's not bright enough!? i am frustrated because it wasn't a large group, it was only a couple with the baby and the result turned out to be very blur!!

a friend of mine told me that most digital cameras have similar problems? is it true? i thought Canon was already a rather better digital camera! he asked to me to half press the shutter and wait a bit longer for the camera to focus. i tried but it seems not working well!?

:?:?:?:?
laurensophie is offline   Reply With Quote