Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 5, 2004, 12:13 AM   #1

hi newbie here with a problem

i have recnetly pruchased a fuji S3000 and it has a 55mm adaptor ring on it.now whats it used for exactly, so far i have figured out you can hang a filter cage on it and play with various filters ........anyone got any help at all?..thanx
picnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2004, 2:19 PM   #2

First NEVER take it off !! It is the BEST insurance against damaging the lens (from accidental knocks) you will ever have !! Even after 2 yrs, many of us still haven't succeeded in doing a perfect lens repair. Generally have a Hoya UV coated filter attached to the end. It helps in glare reduction BUT only looses 1/3 stop of light even when it isn't doing anything. It's mainly there for protection.
There are MANY types of filters you can attach to the adapter .. polarised circular, 2X,4X, colour, star filters etc etc
You'll find hundreds of links on what they do etc via google.
Happy shooting
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 5:30 PM   #3

hey thanx jkirk, i got a few filters like that as you mention but since it only goes up to 228 mm on the zoom lens is there a way i can "adapt" another lens to it using the adapter ring?
Old Jun 6, 2004, 12:00 AM   #4

You can not only add filters (including a polarizer) to the camera, but you can also put on a converter lens to extend the tele or wide-angle capabilities of the camera.

Here's an example page showing Raynox lenses on the S3000 (click on the lens for sample pictures showing with and without that lens):
http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digi...3800/index.htm
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 6:58 AM   #5

mike......thats exactly what i was loking for.....thanx, and yea went out and had a play with the various filters i have etc, had the camera 2 days and prolly done bout 50 pics.......lol

i can see this is gonna be a very safe but addictive drug , and of course very legal