Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 8, 2004, 1:58 PM   #11
AMG

ya, thx both of you, and slipe, you may be right about scanners making the grain worse because I have seen beautiful blow ups of 800 ISO, but then again that is another issue as well. So it all makes sense to some degree, unless I really need the sensitivity, I will leave the camera at 100. When I have free time, the best thing to do is test it out with all different settings and look at the files to see the trade offs. But that day has not come yet. For now the camera is serving the purpose it was purchsed for... later guys
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 6:50 PM   #12

one day cameras will have infinite dynamic range and we wount care about iso anymore.

or will we?.. i mean.. teorically if the dinamic range was infinite does that mean that any kind of shutter/apperture combination would do?

or that isnt fisically possible? (and i dont say with today tech)

that would be cool and wierd, and i guess they would keep options for low dynamic range isos for historical reasons for some time.
Frederico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 8:38 PM   #13

Frederico wrote:
Quote:
one day cameras will have infinite dynamic range and we wount care about iso anymore.
That would be a way to satisfy my request for a camera that can take a picture of a black cat in a coal celar at midnight (w/o flash or other light). At midnight. During a power falure. When the moon is new. Using (at most) one photon.

The other end of that infinite range would also be interesting. It would have to be a camera that could withstand being on the surface of the sun.

I really don't think the lack of such a camera is a conspiracy.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 8:49 PM   #14

thats alot of infinite!!

anyway.. it should be fisically possible.. like timetraveling....

"When will it be a camera with infinite dynamic range?"

"When i can shake hands with Julius Caesar andthen go shoot theconquer ofGaul."
Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:24 AM   #15

Albert Einstien wrote:
Quote:
There are only two things that are infinite: man's capacity for stupidity and the universe. And I am not sure about the universe.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 11:43 AM   #16

ok ill shut up now becouse im so stupid, im sorry to be filling this thread with stupidity and leave it for the intelligent people.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 12:22 PM   #17

It looks like these two programs are not yet available for us weirdos using Mac OS X.
The only one that I've downloaded and used successfully (testing only at this stage) is Noise Ninja.

So far so good, though my publisher and stock photo agency normally don't like post-processing production done on any image that is filed.

But for the occasional home use, Noise Ninja seems to do the trick in my testing process before buying the license.
Jorge
jmoro is offline   Reply With Quote